In this digital age, the next war will be a data war. If you are on the internet digital security should be your top priority. Nowadays most people don’t concern about data privacy. As there are massive data breaches every company is tracking your movement in this digital generation. We should be more careful full more concerned at least at the basic level.
As per a survey in this digital age, people don’t mind storing their crucial personal details such as socials id passwords, card details even address and some sensitive information like bank password, ATM pin, policy data, medical reports, etc. We thought that our data is safe with us but in today’s age, nothing is safe digitally. A hacker from another part of the world can access your data for any other device if we don’t take the necessary precautions. We can avoid this type of malfunction just by taking some precautions and this safety guidance.
1. Use a strong password
The first step of being secure is to have a good strong password is the first wall to your device, but many people don’t consider this as the main security step.
Everyone should have a strong password, we should often change the password on regular basis, having a good password can prevent you from being hacked. Not only safeguard your mobile and PC but same for your all profiles your all document locker, your bank profile, and your social media also.
Things to look for in a good password
- use a long password
- use characters symbols and digits to make it even more complex
- don’t have a common password like 0000,5555,1234
- change your passwords from time to time
- Don’t use the same password everywhere
2. Use a messaging app with end-to-end encryption
Nowadays most social media messaging apps use end-to-end encryption. In the end-to-end encrypted system, the only people who can access the data are the sender and the intended recipient no one else in between can access the data, neither hackers nor a third-party encrypted system.
In end-to-end encryption, the system creates a public and private cryptographic key for each person who joins. As security is like a chain and hackers will always go for the weakest link of the chain so if we encrypt the whole system it’s just too much for them to crack. With well-constructed end-to-end encrypted systems system providers never have access to decryption keys.
The advantages of end-to-end encryption
- Protect your valuable data from hackers, doesn’t matter whether the servers are breached or whatever your data is safe with an end-to-end encryption system
- It protects your privacy, the company that has end-to-end encryption policy they can store your data but can’t access your data unlike some big companies like Google, Microsoft as they can store and access your data as their requirement
3. Be Careful with the links and attachments
If hackers can’t access your device from the outside, they try to penetrate it from the inside and they use the most common technique phishing. This is the most common technique used to remotely access your information on your device.
If you receive an email even from some trusted source or trusted companies, be careful when clicking on the links or downloading files. hackers mostly use malware, ransomware, and other viruses for phishing. If you click on the link or download the file it automatically installs the malware and they can access your device.
to prevent these types of breaches can use different types of free or paid anti-virus to secure your PC and mobile
4. Use VPN, Careful about using public Wi-Fi and public domain
Who doesn’t like free Wi-Fi be careful it may risk your privacy. Accessing your device remotely is super easy in a private WIFI, anyone in the network who is connected to your network can hack your device and access your data. Anyone can do it just by watching some YouTube videos. Hackers use “man in the middle” or “evil twin” attacks to access information as it travels from your device to the servers.
- Avoid using public WIFI
- don’t transmit any sensitive data like passwords, card details, ATM PINs, etc
- if you must connect to a private WIFI use a VPN for a more secure connection.
5. Safe surfing and avoid tracking by reviewing permission for mobile apps and extension
In this digital age, every business is planned according to data research and data is a whole other big business, Companies like Google and Microsoft and tracking every moment, every purchase you make, every transaction you made, and any product you search online they have a track on that. And how they all know about it by the permission you gave them while installing any app or surfing any website. The permission like access contacts, storage, camera, and microphone they use to have a track on you.